I know have written about this before, but if you are going to make sucsess of telemarketing you need to make sure your data is as clean as it can be. Ringing out of date lists can have some embarrasing consequences. Here are examples ( they are all true ) Names have been changed to protect the innocent !
- He was our MD but he passed away over 5 years ago
- He left 2 years ago.
- The company went into liquidation 2 years ago.
- Mr S…..does not work here – his wife is the MD if you want to speak to her ?
- Mr S…..is no longer the owner …..he sold the company three years ago
- I have just turned up to that meeting you made ……it’s the wrong address, they are on the other side of town now
- No he is not responsible for purchasing paperclips. Mr Jones is the Group Chairman
- Thank you for explaining the details of your company to me, but I m not the MD/FD, I am responsible for security at the gate.
- “Yes I did receive your information in the post – you spelt my name wrong”
- “I didn’t get your email – sure you have the right address ?”
If any of the above ring a bell, you need to clean your data. Getting this wrong means you will fail at the first hurdle which will be trying to get the receptionist or PA to put you through. Your credibility will be shot and you will be regarded as just sales person who didn’t do their research.
If this sounds like too much hard work or too time consuming give me a call at Total Recall Business Services Ltd on 01827 302848